Chris is a “force of nature.” My #1 strategy for 2011 was what I call my “Follow the Leader” strategy. Now, as many of you may know who read my blog, this year I chose to follow Seth Godin, and, as a result, finally broke through my annual revenue-producing barrier to actually double my income last year. Now, I am not all about making money. In fact, I am a “Goodie Two Shoes” as I have been called often through my 20+ years in business. But, I am all about doing well by doing good and want the same for others. It’s just how I am wired.
My goal is to keep thriving and help as many people as possible do the same. This year has been also one of the toughest years of my life. I have had someone I cherish die and I have had a son who beat Cancer ride his bike 3000 miles to Panama . . . by himself. I have also, like many, suffered from the ups and downs of the economy. But I do have a fantastic support network and I do have faith and I keep looking for those 20% strategies that yield an 80% return.
So although I followed Seth in 2011, I also followed Chris, not as often, but often enough to see that he too has that laser beam, focus strategy. Chris’s #1 focus now and into 2012 is Google+. I highly recommend anyone who wants to know more about Google+ and about Chris and his amazing thought leadership, check out his blog and follow the leader.
- Chris Brogan on What Google+ Means For Business (forbes.com)
- The Paradox Of Leadership (twistimage.com)
- The Tipping Point for the Spread of Ideas (networldingblog.com)
- Does Google Plus Change Everything (ducttapemarketing.com)
- The Five Business Books That Shaped 2011 (twistimage.com)
- How to Earn Trust and Reputation in Social Media [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Top Online Marketing Books for 2012 (toprankblog.com)
- What Chris Brogan and Madonna Have in Common (hubspot.com)
- McKinsey quarterly’s Top Ten Articles of 2011 (serve4impact.com)